Fountain base machined

LSP20210418a
LSP20210418b

Yesterday was a long, noisy, busy day. I had expected that the machining for the top would take 3 days. I started at 10 am, took a brief dinner break, and finished at about 10:30 pm. The time projections were based on 2D work, the 3D times turned out to be a bit less.

There were several areas that had not filled with the epoxy pours. I used epoxy putty to fill the worst ones, but some remained below cut level. I’ve ordered more from Lee Valley, and will manually fill and blend in the missing areas. Once the entire piece is painted in epoxy with selective colouring I doubt any of these areas will be obvious.

Leave a Reply