Well that had its’ frustrating moments. Some of the wire contact pads tore out, so I had to solder in bypass wires. Then half way through I realized that I didn’t need a return line for power and ground from the tops, I could just home run all the power connections. So the wiring is a combination of daisy chain and home run. Only the data line is consistently daisy chained, as it must be to work, and to produce a fully sequential pattern.
Next I have to epoxy everything together and ensure that the top transition from copper to wood cap is watertight. Then these get put aside until the base is machined.