Light Tubes & Caps

The base is with for filling with Epoxy. I should have it back in a few days. In the interim, I’ve been working on other projects from my list. The first was to build a set of “Kitchissippi” chairs. I had purchased the Eastern White Cedar late last year, and it’s been stickered and acclimating since then. I’m building 4 chairs for the shop, so it took a while to make all the parts. They are all ready for staining once I can do it outside.

The past couple of days I’ve been working ahead on the light and water-related parts of the fountain. I cut the Acrylic tubes to length, although the shortest one needs a bit of adjustment. Today I made the top caps and a set of spacing spiders for the bases. The top caps worked great, the spiders, not. The spiders are a perfect match for the OD of the tubes, not the ID. Oops! I’ll make another set tomorrow.

In the main photo you can see the other two projects I’m working on – the Kitchissippi chairs, and some parts for the “Nahrung” sculpture.

Leave a Reply