Side Project

BookStands3

I recently had a request form someone who had seen my work at the Valley Artisans Co-op. She wanted a book stand. By co-incidence, Jayne had expressed interest in one as well. The one on the right is Jayne’s, the other for the inquirer, if she likes it. This project took far longer than it should have, partly because I used wood from the leftovers bin. The verticals are inset in the cross-shelf by about 2 mm. I used epoxy because of the small bearing area. In the left one I also added reinforcement corners underneath. Both stands are more robust than they appear.

Leave a Reply